Logistics Coordinator (1 Year Contract)
If you are passionate about empowering others to live their happiest lives and kick sugar, we want to hear from you! We are SmartSweets, the innovators of the first candy that kicks sugar.
As a Logistics Coordinator - you will be playing a vital role in executing our exponential growth and driving forward the mission to kick sugar. You are a highly organized individual that can multitask and have a good understanding of logistics and supply chain.
Who Are We?
At SmartSweets, we believe in the power of curiosity. We believe with a smart combination of passion, focus and innovation that can change the world! We believe there is no time like the present — and the ability to affect change lies within each of us. We trust it's possible to live in a world where candy doesn’t always equal sugar, and where words like guilt, permission, and indulgence no longer carry weight. We believe we can enjoy candy just as we enjoy life - to the fullest.
Kick Sugar, Keep Candy.
Provide people with the candy they know and love, without the sugar.
To be the global leader in revolutionizing candy.
Our track record: We are in our fourth calendar year in the market and are distributed in over 18,000 stores in the US and Canada. We have experienced record sell-throughs with our key partners and we are grateful to have cultivated a devoted tribe, with over 384,000 in our social media community.
Our Core Values:
- Extreme Ownership: We have a deep sense of accountability and lead egolessly .
- Celebrating Individuality: We believe the uniqueness and individuality of each squad member makes us stronger as a whole.
- Curious Innovators: We are innovators and harness our energy to relentlessly create solutions - All ‘problems’ are opportunities hidden in disguise.
- Fuelled by Passion: We are fuelled by tenacity, passion and we embrace change.
- Honouring Relationships: We are honoured to be included and to be part of our customers’ journey. We are grateful for those that support us – Customers, partners and each other.
- Maintain inventory balance per forecast and recent run rate
- Manage inventory life cycle and turns
- Ownership of inventory report and weeks on hand file
- Maintain inventory accuracy in ERP systems with daily reconciliation
- Coordinate inbound freight of finished goods from co-manufacturers to Canadian 3PL using JIT inventory strategy
- Manage warehouse KPI including SLA and OTS
- Liaise with Supply Chain Manager to onboard new warehouses
- Liaise with Retail Ops for new customer setup and execution at warehouse
- Collaborate with Project Manager for new product launch and execution
- Ownership of Canadian import regulations, including tariffs, NAFTA, commercial invoice updates
- Assist import shipping of overseas shipments
- Freight cost analysis for both inbound and outbound
- Collect and analyze data as requested by Supply Chain Manager for Logistics projects
- Maintain positive relationship with warehouse and logistics partners
- Coordinate and Audit Year End inventory count at 3PL
- Provide support to Operations team as needed
Important to know...
- Desired - Apics/CPIM Designation or Bachelors degree with concentration in Operations/Supply Chain
- Experience with Logistics, dispatching, from pickup to delivery
- Experience with Inventory Management/Logistics/Production experience (Food Industry an asset)
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel – will be tested
- Comfortable with Google Drive, Asana, Microsoft ppt and ERP systems (NetSuite an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Can organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Can perform well and deliver high-quality under deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve/troubleshoot operational issues
- Amazing communication, and interpersonal skills
- 1 Year Contract
- Based in Vancouver, with the opportunity to work from home or from our Candyland HQ
Excited to join and play a key role in our mission to Kick Sugar? We want to hear from you! Please apply with your resume, cover letter to our careers page and why you’re excited about kicking sugar!